What kind of arthritis is polymyalgia rheumatica?

PMR affects muscles. Polymyalgia rheumatica presents as painful muscles, usually in your shoulders, upper arms and thighs. It is associated with a lab finding, elevated sedimentation rate (ESR) and is treated with oral steroids, usually prednisone. Little is known about what causes pmr, but it is an inflammatory disorder of the muscles. It is seen usually in those aged over 50.
It is. and inflammatory arthritis that is a syndrome with pain or stiffness, usually in the neck, shoulders, and hips. It can also be associated with headaches/pain known as temporal arteritis that can cause blindness if not treated promptly. If you are concerned I would see a rheumatologist to determine a treatment plan.