How successful is a reversal of a tubal ligation usually?

Depends. Success of a tubal ligation reversal depends on three things: 1. Age of the patient. 2. Skill of the surgeon. 3. Length of tubal segments that are remaining. Any one that is considering a reversal of her tubal sterilization needs to find a reproductive surgeon with a lot of experience and expertise with good success rates and especially a low incidence of ectopic pregnancy (less than 5%).
Depends on specifics. The success of a sterilization reversal depends on severeal factors, but primarily on age, the type of sterilization procedure that was performed, and the presence or absence of other fertility factors such as ovulatory function and semen quality. Unfortunately, at age 48, because the likelihood for success is so verty low, most physicians would not be willing to perform the operation.
20-80 % Younger women, given time, can achieve very good pregnancy rates after tubal reversal. Over age 40, successes are rare.