Can knee pain lead to shin pain?

Possible. See a sports medicine specialist to determine what to do for your issues.
Yes. Knee pain can refer to the shin. Knee pain can alter gait and provoke shin pain.
Muscles of thigh/leg. The leg includes the ankle/knee/hip joints and all the associated muscles in the hip/thigh/leg. So think flesh=muscles/tissue and not bone/cartilage/meniscus with leg pain! start self-care with a wellness program of vits, magnesium glycinate, sleep hygiene, exercise, self massage, chiropractor, yoga, heat, epsom tub soaking, and stretching. I like acupuncture and trigger point injections.