How effective is the birth control pill if you're highly fertile?

Very. If you take birth control pills and don't accidentally skip any pills, they are 99% effective. Occasionally other medicines you may take can interfere with the birth control pills so you should let your doctor know about any other medicines you are taking.
Excellent, but... With no missed pills, "perfect use", the failure rate is 0.3%->99% effective.In typical use, because taking a pill every d without ever missing is hard, about 9/100 couples will get pregnant/year.Effective after 7 days.If you have a hard time remembering daily meds, ask your doctor about long-acting reversible contraception(larc)--iuds or an implant under the skin-easy, very effective, lasts 3-10 yrs.