I had breast implants done 6 years ago and about 9 months ago my breast have become painful I have recently gained weight and i feel tightness in my chest can that mean a serious problem or is it just because of the weight gain?

Dr. Darryl Blinski
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Implants/pain/6yrs

Best to seek in person opinions from boarded Plastic Surgeons in Miami.
Also a mammogram is needed...

In brief: Implants/pain/6yrs

Also a mammogram is needed...
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Darryl Blinski
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Weight ocontracture

I have several patients who report similar symptoms of menstrual like breast sensitivity with weight gain.
This seems to resolve or improve with weight loss as little as 5 pounds. However, it is also important to remain in contact with your implanting surgeon, depending on the type of implant, MRI evaluation may be considered for silicone implants as well as possible evaluation for contracture.

In brief: Weight ocontracture

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Hashim Alani
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Implants

You may have developed a capsular contracture around the implant.
Consult a plastic surgeon.

In brief: Implants

Consult a plastic surgeon.
Dr. Hashim Alani
Dr. Hashim Alani
Dr. Asaad Samra
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Breast Pain

It's hard to say with confidence, but there may be some weight gain in your breasts making them heavier. This added weight plus your implants may be what's causing the pain.
I would suggest visiting with your surgeon.

In brief: Breast Pain

Dr. Asaad Samra
Dr. Asaad Samra
Dr. Marianna Post

Yes you might have a problem with leaky implant or with breast tissue itself, have you had a mammogram? You might also need a breast ultrasound, in any case, you got to see a doctor.

Dr. Marianna Post
Dr. Marianna Post
Dr. Cindy Juster