I'm in remission from cancer. Should I know anything special before I get pregnant?

Dr. Philip Chenette
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Testing
This is a good time to see a specialist in reproductive endocrinology.
The risks of cancer vary by the illness and treatment. Assessment of the uterus and endometrium on ultrasound, ovarian health and egg numbers, and sperm quality are all important. If abdominal surgery was part of the treatment, a hysterosalpingogram might be suggested.

In brief: Testing
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Philip Chenette
Dr. Serena Chen
Fertility Medicine
Please speak with your oncologist and a board certified/eligible reproductive endocrinologist (fertility specialist).
You are at high risk for infertility and also for possible pregnancy complications. By speaking with your oncologist and the fertility specialist, you can be proactive about improving your chances of conceiving and having a healthy pregnancy and a healty baby!

Dr. Serena Chen
Dr. Serena Chen
Dr. Adam Levy