How do I cure phlebitis?

Dr. Ted King
Phlebology

In brief: Phlebitis

As dr. Akl said, phlebitis simply means inflammation of a vein.
Generally phlebitis is something that will go away on its own but taking anti-inflammatory medicine and using warm and/or cold compresses, along with compression, helps. Now the issue is, do you just have phlebitis or is there more going on than that? If there is a clot in there you need to know it. As dr. Bein said, see your md.

In brief: Phlebitis

Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ted King
Dr. Ziad Akl
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Please clarify

Please clarify what you mean by phlebitis.
In medical terms, it is an inflammation of a vein. It can be superficial or deep. It can be due to a clot or an infection. We need more details.

In brief: Please clarify

Dr. Ziad Akl
Dr. Ziad Akl
Dr. Norman Bein
Surgery

In brief: Depends on location

Inflammation of veins is a common problem associated with incompetence of the veins.
..This is seen more often in lower than upper extremities..The problem must be intially diagnose by a surgeon and then treatment is based of the causitive facto..I do not recommend self-treatment of what could be sign of more severe problems.

In brief: Depends on location

Dr. Norman Bein
Dr. Norman Bein
Dr. Shontae Buffington