What does it mean to have a trans-vaginal tubal ligation?

Colpotomy tubal. An essure procedure is a trans-vaginal procedure that blocks the tubes via hysteroscopy (slim camera through the cervix). However, we also can access the tubes with an incision through the vagina (colpotomy) & the tubes are then clipped, tied, or excised, just like in a laparoscopic procedure. Not too many docs do this one since essure is easier & doesn't need gen anesthesia. Hope that helps.
Tubes tied. Trans-vaginal tubal ligation is a procedure that is sometimes called "having your tubes tied." tubal ligation means "blocking" the fallopian tubes so your eggs cannot be fertilized or reach the uterus. Despite the current sterile techniques used for all procedures, infections are always a possibility following tubal ligation. The seriousness and subsequent treatment options will vary.
Incisionless. One of the newest techniques of tubal ligation is the essure technique. This procedure is performed via hysteroscopy (a camera placed into the uterine cavity) and therefore no incisions are needed on the abdomen. Spiral coils are placed in both tubes thus blocking them and pregnancy is prevented. As with all other birth control methods, this method is also not 100% effective.