What can you do if you get pregnant after a tubal ligation?

Options. First, it's critical to determine asap if the pregnancy is intrauterine, as pregnancy after tubal ligation is highly risky for ectopic (usually tubal) pregnancy. If ectopic, medical or surgical treatment follows; if the pregnancy is intrauterine then decision-making is identical to any other pregnancy. Following this, you could consider a second ligation or another form of permanent sterilization.
Preg after ligation. There is a 1-2% failure rate after tubal ligation. Make sure that the pregnancy is in the uterus and not ectopic. Tubal sterilization will have to be attempted again after the pregnancy.