How soon after having a caesarian section can you get a tubal ligation?

During the C-section. A tubal ligation is usually performed during the c-section after the baby is delivered. This is to prevent another surgery in the future and any undesired pregnancy that could occur during the recovery period after the c-section. The tubal ligation provides immediate contraception and only takes an additional 5 minutes to perform.
Very Soon. Some women actually have a tubal ligation at the time of a cesarean. Section to save them an extra surgery. If you delay it after surgery usually you need to wait at least 3-4 months until the uterus is back to normal size.