What are the alternatives to foot surgery?

Live with it! Most foot surgery is elective, you can elect to have it done, or you can elect not to. You can try pads, shoe stretching, medications, more supportive and cushioned insoles. But in the end, your problem is still there... You are treating without cure.
Alternatives. Depends on symptoms, radiographic impression and history. Typically conservative therapy includes medication, icing, pt, orthotics, medication either otc or prescribed, and possibly injection therapy.
Alternative. Alternatives to surgery are called conservative care . This takes many forms and since we don't know what surgery or surgeries are or may be planned , describing conservative care ad nauseum is speculative at best. See your podiatrist - we know the surgical care and conservative care.
IT DEPENDS. It depends what your foot problem is. NSAID's, cortisone shots, orthotic devices, bracing, a cast, protective padding, change in shoegear are all used, depending upon your particular problem. Dr. Latva.