Do people ever get pregnant after a tubal ligation?

Yes. It depends on the method used to ligate your tubes, but roughly one percent (1%) failure rate is in the ballpark for most methods currently in use. Failed tubal ligation can result not only in intrauterine pregnancy but ectopic pregnancy, which is usually tubal.
Yes. Pregnancy can happen with any form of birth control including tubal ligation as there is a small chance of failure of the procedure. Pregnancy can also be achieved after surgical reversal of the tubal ligation or after in vitro fertilization.