How do I know if my baby is eating enough?

Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: Poop, pee and weight
Two ways really..
. Is baby pooping and peeing often? Most babies will have some urine with each feeding, or close to it. If that is the case and stooling is frequent, then intake should be fine. Also, babies should gain about an ounce per day, or a pound every two weeks for the first 4-6 months. If that is occurring, then intake is very solid.

In brief: Poop, pee and weight
Two ways really..
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Lisa Roberts
In brief: Plenty of diapers!
Regular checkups with your doctor early on is the best way to ensure adequate caloric intake, and therefore good growth.
One way to assess your baby is on track is to get a sense of his/her voiding and stooling patterns. If your baby is producing plenty of wet diapers (typically at least 6-8 per day in the first couple months after birth), likely his/her intake is just fine.

In brief: Plenty of diapers!
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Lisa Roberts
Dr. Shontae Buffington