My son is 19 months old and is not able to walk and talkand his head is also small in size. After birth, he was hospitalized and had low glucose level. What should I do?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: See pediatrician!

Your child's problem may be significaqnt and may require a variety of endocrine and growth development assessments!

In brief: See pediatrician!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey

In brief: See below

Obviously your son has some developmental delay.
The hospitalization, after birth, is not likely to be the cause. However, your pediatrician is your most valuable asset for an appropriate evaluation. If an evaluation is not being undertaken. Then, i would seek another opinion.

In brief: See below

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: I agree

Babies who are small for gestational age, (e.
g., full-term but <2500 gm) can have hypoglycemia. With a small head size & developmental delays, he qualifies for free early intervention services. His doctor or the nicu he was in can give you the number for the local program. Ask his dr. To refer him to a child neurologist & a developmental/behavioral pediatrician. (sdbp.Org) for diagnosis.

In brief: I agree

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Jane Van Dis