Do anal fissures require surgical removal? Had bloody stool for less than 20 times in the past 3 years. With pain sometimes. Had occasional constipation and diarrhea. No anal sex history. Thanks.

Surgery not required. Anal fissures can usually be treated conservatively. In fact, a lengthy attempt at conservative therapy is usually best in my opinion. It can take 'a while' for anal fissure to heal. If or when conservative therapy fails, then there are surgical options that are very successful. Have you been evaluated properly? How do you know you have a fissure? If not previously evaluated, please get checked.
Anal fissure... ....As opposed to a "fistula" (which might require surgery) is simply a small tear in the skin of the anus, and is associated, as you've described, with trauma from problems like constipation. They are superficial and heal rapidly. Increase the fiber and water in your diet to keep the stool soft, and they will be less likely to occur.