Is it bad to breast feed my 20 days old baby boy when I am feeling sad? I ve lost my best friend and can't stop crying.

Dr. Devin Namaky

In brief: Talk to your doc.

Let your doctor know how you are feeling.
You may be experiencing grief or even depression. Your doctor can help you and may check for other contributing factors if needed, such as anemia or thyroid dysfunction, both of which are common in the postpartum period. And most importantly, if you feel like hurting yourself or others then please seek help immediately.

In brief: Talk to your doc.

Dr. Devin Namaky
Dr. Devin Namaky
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology

In brief: See below

Im sorry for your loss.
Things that might be overlapping with each other-- being a new mom and the loss of a friend. Both of them are stressful. You can still nurse the baby when you're sad. The major issue is -- you being sad and if it's turning into post-partum depression. Call your doctor to get a referral to be evaluated to start treatment to improve your quality of life and baby's.

In brief: See below

Im sorry for your loss.
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: No it's not bad

The bigger concern is that you might be experiencing post partum depression.
You've had a tragedy, and if you were prone to depression then losing your friend will make it worse. In order for you to take good care of your baby, you need to take care of your self. Please see your doctor about this. Get help. Good luck.

In brief: No it's not bad

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Shontae Buffington