Is chronic athlete's foot (tinea pedis) treatable?

Tinea pedis. Sure tine pedis is curable. I would try a topical anti fungal such as Ertaczo once a day. If it does not get better in 1 month then you might have to start oral medication with topical.
Yes. There are topical creams that you can try for treating athletes foot. They can be found at any pharmacy or drug store. Common examples include Lamisil (terbinafine) or naftin. If there is no resolution, i would recommend being seen by a podiatrist.
Yes! Chronic athlete's foot will likely take longer to completely resolve, but if you've tried topical creams (prescription strength from your doctor) without improvement, you may need a short course of oral anti fungal medication.