What can I expect at physical therapy for tendonitis in my foot?

Dr. David Wyatt

In brief: Exercise

Stretching exercises with or without added heat or ultrasound therapy is the usual, along with occasionally taping before exercise or special insoles for your shoes.

In brief: Exercise

Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. David Wyatt
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Depends

It really depends on where the tendonitis is but in general rehab programs start with gentle range of motion exercises, some use of superficial or deep heating treatments, sometimes electrical stimulation treatments followed by more aggressive deep tissue massage of the affected tendons as well as exercises to balance muscles that may be affected.
This is followed by strength training.

In brief: Depends

This is followed by strength training.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine