What do I do if my antibiotics aren't working for a tooth infection. Are there any alternatives?

answered:

Consult dentist

Head-teeth
if antibiotics aren't working, consult a dentist or hospital emergency room ASAP. Be sure to take the antibiotic on schedule (three times a day means every 8 hours; 4 times a day means every 6 hours) you must wake-up at night to take on schedule and finish full dose prescribed. The dentist should be consulted to change the antibiotic if needed. Also definative treatment of the problem will help
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Antibiotic Dentistry Infection Nocturnal Teeth

Call your dentist

Dental
If the antibiotic that your dentist prescribed is not working, it needs to be changed. In addition, the tooth needs to be treated, since antibiotics do not repair damaged teeth.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Antibiotic Dentistry Infection Teeth

answered:

Definitive treatment

Pills
There are no dental or periodontal infections where an antibiotic is considered definitive treatment. Diagnoses and treatment of the underlying problem by a dentist is advisable. For temporary relief, the dentist may alter the specific antibiotic being used for a better control of the infection until you are available for your dental appointment.
Sign Up

Get personalized answers from doctors!

Antibiotic Dentistry Infection Teeth