What do I do if my antibiotics aren't working for a tooth infection. Are there any alternatives?

In brief: Call your dentist

If the antibiotic that your dentist prescribed is not working, it needs to be changed.
In addition, the tooth needs to be treated, since antibiotics do not repair damaged teeth.

In brief: Call your dentist

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Stan Shih
Dentistry

In brief: Definitive treatment

There are no dental or periodontal infections where an antibiotic is considered definitive treatment.
Diagnoses and treatment of the underlying problem by a dentist is advisable. For temporary relief, the dentist may alter the specific antibiotic being used for a better control of the infection until you are available for your dental appointment.

In brief: Definitive treatment

Dr. Stan Shih
Dr. Stan Shih
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine