What is the best diet to help assist an overweight person in rehab?

Dr. Robert True
Preventive Medicine

In brief: HCG diet

I am a big advocate on my diet program called the HCG true diet.
It allows your metabolism to change with HCG and a low calorie diet. It is a medically monitored program and creates new behaviors which can become habits over time. Most people lose 20-30 pounds per 12 week course. Even people on rehab. Can do this diet.

In brief: HCG diet

Dr. Robert True
Dr. Robert True
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: No best diet

I have never been convinced that there is a "best diet" for all.
The first thing i look at is the the number of calories being consumed daily and then the composition of those calories, ie, how many carbs, proteins and fats. Then i look at common habits such as snacking on hi carbo snacks, use of diet soda which actually makes people fatter and lack of exercise. I try to encourage higher veggies.

In brief: No best diet

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine