What should I do to rehab my torn patella tendon?

Dr. Randall Bock
General Practice
In brief: Was it repaired?
If you already have had it surgically repaired, then you have been assigned an orthopedist, whose advice, obviously you should follow.
If it was not a full tear, and was not treated surgically, and it is a guessing game as to how much you can do with it. Rehab, per se, won't help your chances of further tear. It is inherent to the injury itself and your own situation, your ultimate success.

In brief: Was it repaired?
Dr. Randall Bock
Dr. Randall Bock
Dr. Rajeev Pandarinath
Sports Medicine
In brief: Limitations
After surgery, it is important to wear the brace prescribed by your doctor for at least 4-6 weeks to protect the repair. You will need physical therapy to regain motion in your knee, and the time to start that depends on your doctor's postoperative protocol.

In brief: Limitations
Dr. Rajeev Pandarinath
Dr. Rajeev Pandarinath
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine