What can I do to rehab my arm/shoulder to maximize strength and functionality?

Dr. Bryan Reuss
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Cuff Strengthening
The best place to start is rotator cuff strengthening.
The rotator cuff is the core of the shoulder. If you are early in your surgical recovery, check with your surgeon before embarking on a strengthening program.

In brief: Cuff Strengthening
Dr. Bryan Reuss
Dr. Bryan Reuss
Dr. Gregory Billy
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Physcial therapy
The best way to maximize function and strength of the arm/shoulder is with a physical therapy program. Your physican should evaluate you to determine the nature of the problem to see if it is muscle, joint, tendon or bone related.
They can then refer you to a physical therapist who should work with you to develop an appropriate exercise program.

In brief: Physcial therapy
Dr. Gregory Billy
Dr. Gregory Billy
Dr. Arnon Rubin