Is shock wave therapy effective for patellar tendonitis?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Not sure?

This treatment is effective in treating unresponsive tennis elbow.
I am personally not aware of this as a treatment for patellar tendonitis. If you have a recurring or recalcitrant patellar tendonitis, see an orthopedist or sports medicine specialist and get a thorough knee exam. Even get a second opinion. You may have to alter your activities, take medications and give it plenty of time.

In brief: Not sure?

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. David Tobin
Podiatry

In brief: Maybe

High power eswt works by stimulating the bodies natural repair mechanism, there are no studies on the patellar tendon but it should help.
Lower power shockwave is pretty useless. A newer treatment called prp has been proving successful for chronic tendonitis.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. David Tobin
Dr. David Tobin