Is shock wave therapy effective for patellar tendonitis?

Not sure? This treatment is effective in treating unresponsive tennis elbow. I am personally not aware of this as a treatment for patellar tendonitis. If you have a recurring or recalcitrant patellar tendonitis, see an orthopedist or sports medicine specialist and get a thorough knee exam. Even get a second opinion. You may have to alter your activities, take medications and give it plenty of time.
Maybe. High power eswt works by stimulating the bodies natural repair mechanism, there are no studies on the patellar tendon but it should help. Lower power shockwave is pretty useless. A newer treatment called prp has been proving successful for chronic tendonitis.