How effective is ultrasound therapy in the treatment of tendonitis?

VERY EFFECTIVE. However in the therapy of tendonitis you must receive different modalities and exercises that together with ultrasound would be very effective.
Ultrasound. Ultrasound as therapy heats and soothes tissues . It needs to be applied by an experienced therapist under the right conditions nd for the right diagnosis. Overused or used in the wrong way it can irritate tissues. So yes it can help but make sure your diagnosis is correct and the therapist has a good understanding regrading when it is too much. As a rough guide you should leave feeling good.