Is electro stimulation therapy appropriate for bicep tendonitis?

Dr. Bettina Herbert
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: It depends
Electric stimulation has been used for over 100 years.
These days you have units that use either milliamps or microamps. There are now very sophisticated microcurrent machines in use by physicians, chiropractors, pts and athletic trainers. I think they are the most effective. Find a frequency specific microcurrent provider who has a machine w/ many settings including ones just for tendons.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery
In brief: Not really
May be used to affect muscles and soft tissues in general it is ude by a therapist and not as a primary treatment.

In brief: Not really
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine