Is electro stimulation therapy appropriate for bicep tendonitis?

Dr. Bettina Herbert
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: It depends

Electric stimulation has been used for over 100 years.
These days you have units that use either milliamps or microamps. There are now very sophisticated microcurrent machines in use by physicians, chiropractors, pts and athletic trainers. I think they are the most effective. Find a frequency specific microcurrent provider who has a machine w/ many settings including ones just for tendons.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Bettina Herbert
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Not really

May be used to affect muscles and soft tissues in general it is ude by a therapist and not as a primary treatment.

In brief: Not really

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine