Can I use listerine on a toenail fungus?

Dr. David Sabet
Podiatry

In brief: Why waste mouthwash?

None of the home remedies or internet cures will kill the fungus responsible for the nail infection.
It takes strong "fungus killing" drugs or laser to get to the root of the problem.

In brief: Why waste mouthwash?

Dr. David Sabet
Dr. David Sabet
Dr. Corinne Kauderer
Listerine, tea tree oil, vicks vapor rub can all be used in conjunction with real treatments with oral anti-fungals, cold laser and stronger topicals.

In brief: It won't hurt

But will it help? I have had a few patients report some improvement in the appearance by soaking their feet and nails in listerine daily, but they only report improvement and it is often lost when they stop using it.
There are better, cost effective and effective measures available.

In brief: It won't hurt

Dr. Joseph Newman
Dr. Joseph Newman
Dr. Arnon Rubin