If i think i got syphilis from dancing with my room mate when he had the secondary rash on his palms, how soon can I be tested?

Dr. Devin Namaky

In brief: Unlikely

It is unlikely to contact syphillis from contact with a secondary rash.
Standard screens for syphillis may take 2 to 4 weeks to become positive.

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. Devin Namaky
Dr. Devin Namaky
Dr. Larry Lutwick
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: How do you know?

Although secondary syphilis is a disseminated infection with treponema pallidum in the skin and mucous membrane lesions, the mucous patches in the mouth and the condylomata latum on moist surfaces are much more infectious than the palm lesions.
If the site of transmission is the palm, the primary ulcer or chancre should occur there. The fta test can turn positive before the rpr.

In brief: How do you know?

Dr. Larry Lutwick
Dr. Larry Lutwick
Dr. Adam Levy