What are the options in hormone therapy for women with history of blood clots.?

None. I believe hormone replacement therapy including Estrogens is contraindicated in patients with history of blood clots. Consult with your gynecologist to discuss all the options.
Depends. Hrt is controversial in the patient with a history of blood clots and depends on the clinical situation. Overall goals are important and hormones needed depend on uterine status (presence or absence). Transdermal or non oral Estrogens have been shown not to increase clotting factors and could be used with Aspirin & close monitoring and the absolute blessing of your doctors not on your own.