How do I keep my baby hydrated?

Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: Feed them

Breast milk and formula are perfectly designed to meet both fluid and caloric requirements.
So if you are feeding your baby and they are happy, making tears, and wetting a goodly number of diapers then they are well hydrated. At times of water loss, such as fever or diarrhea, then pedialyte makes a good temporary rehydration solution. Water can do too in smaller amounts.

In brief: Feed them

Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Gregg Alexander

In brief: Feed them - no water

Breast feeding or formula feeding is all babies need to stay hydrated and grow.
Water is a no-no in newborns and young infants. It can cause the salts and fluids in their little bodies to become unbalanced and lead to serious problem. Newborns do not needs water.

In brief: Feed them - no water

Dr. Gregg Alexander
Dr. Gregg Alexander
Dr. Cindy Juster