How can I treat ingrown toenails?

In brief: See your podiatrist

There are many ways that ingrown nails can be treated.
I do not recommend you doing it yourself or going to nail salon and having them take care of it. A podiatrist is trained in taking care of this and there are many treatment options that are available.

In brief: See your podiatrist

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Get it evaluated.

Ingrown toenails can be temporarily remedied through soaking your foot in warm water, removal of embedded debris from the nail borders, and applying an antibiotic ointment to temporarily soften the corners.
If you have redness and drainage, get it looked at by a professional as you may need to have the ingrown nail border removed and you may need antibiotics.

In brief: Get it evaluated.