What kind of training do physiatrists usually have?

Fellowship. These are physicians who have extended training in physical medicine and rehabilitation. They focus on rehabilitatin of injury, chronic diseases affecting ones ability to carry out activities of daily living and attempt to get you back to as normal as you were as best they and the therapist can. This mostly involves musculoskeletal, neurologic and general debility.Conditions.
MD plus residency. Physiatrists are also known as doctors of physical medicine and rehabilitation. This typically involves medical school (4 years after college) plus a 4 year residency. If you have specific questions about the training of your doctor - ask him/her. I've never been offended by this question! good for you for being informed! best of luck.
Psychiatrists ? First they earn their md degree. Then they complete a specialty residency (many years) in psychiatry.