I have bump in the crack of my buttock. Do i just assume it is a risen or can it just be a simple bump?

Dr. Richard Paula
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Infected Cyst

If by "risen" you mean abscess, yes definitely possible.
There is a particular type of abscess which occurs in that area which develops from something called a pilonidal cyst. Often these will become infected and filled with pus and require incision and drainage (lanced).

In brief: Infected Cyst

Dr. Richard Paula
Dr. Richard Paula
Dr. Ana Duarte
Dermatology

In brief: Yes and no

It could just be a small boil (abcess) or cyst, however at times in this area the cysts could be deeper, a pilonidal cyst might require surgical intervention.
If the bump does not go away, or if it worsens, you should see your doctor.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Ana Duarte
Dr. Ana Duarte
Dr. Alfredo Garcia

In brief: Bump

Have it checked because it could be a developmental defect related ot the spine.
A pilonidal cyst, a tumor to name a few.

In brief: Bump

Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Alfredo Garcia
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery