What is the probability of physical therapy helping a thoracic muscle strain in back?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Make a correct diagn

It is important to try to make an accurate diagnosis of possible.
I have seen some patients diagnosed with strains when in fact the cause was something else. If it is indeed a muscle strain, then yes, physical therapy can be helpful. Most muscle strains if not too severe will heal even without treatment because muscles have a good blood supply. If it is not getting better see doctor.

In brief: Make a correct diagn

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni

In brief: Very good

Physical therapy is a good modality to treat the kind of muscle strain you report.

In brief: Very good

Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine