If I tore my labrum muscle in my shoulder should I seek surgery or physical therapy?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Depends
Not every labral injury needs surgery.
It really depends on the person. If the person with the labral injury is a major league pitcher, than surgery is probably the only thing that will get that person back to pitching. On the other hand it that person is a club recreational tennis player who plays doubles once or twice a week a conservative program may be fine.

In brief: Depends
Not every labral injury needs surgery.
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jack Choueka
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Therapy
Unless a labral tear is causing dislocations than therapy can be used as a first-line treatment.
If this does not help then arthroscopic surgery can be used to repair the late.

In brief: Therapy
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Jack Choueka
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery