I suffer from anaphylaxis due to latex, I now have muscle spasms in my back. What can I do to treat them?

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Avoid pain patches

Medication patches applied to the skin delivering drugs like local anesthetics often contain latex.
If you have a history of anaphylaxis to latex these patches won't trigger anaphylaxis. You will get eczema or contact dermatitis on the skin under the patches. You'll need to stick with oral medications or a tens units. There are latex-free electrodes for a tens unit.

In brief: Avoid pain patches

Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Steven Machtinger
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: BioFreeze

or topical Bengay/tiger balm are latex free- just careful handwashing.

In brief: BioFreeze

Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Ice

The two issues are not related.
If you have acute back pain, ice it. Do some simples stretching and stay away from latex.

In brief: Ice

The two issues are not related.
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine