How can I resolve gluteus muscle spasm every time I stand?

David Miller

In brief: Depends on cause

This really depends on what us causing the spasm. It could be a herniated disc or something else pinching the nerve, it could be a muscle strain, a simple cramp, an electrolyte abnormality or something ominous.
You should take this to your doctor for a careful evaluation.

In brief: Depends on cause

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See physiatrist

A muscle that goes into spasm usually does so in response to some type of underlying problem, often deeper than the muscle itself.
A physiatrist who specializes in musculoskeletal disorders is usually well trained to figure this out.

In brief: See physiatrist

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine