How can you treat chronic muscle tension and/or strain of the rhomboid?

Dr. C. andrew Hunt
Sports Medicine
In brief: PT or chiro
Nsaids for pain and some musculoskeletal work inclusive of soft-tissue massage, estim or ultrasound prn, and correction of any muscle imbalances.
Who does the soft tissue work is up to you. I usually prescribe pt, but a chiro can likely do much of this as well.

In brief: PT or chiro
Dr. C. andrew Hunt
Dr. C. andrew Hunt
Dr. Gregory Billy
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Therapies
Chronic musclular pain may respond well to moist heat.
Apply for 20 minutes and then stretch the muslce after the heat application. Other options may include: muscle relaxants, physcial therapy, trigger point injections or therapeutic massage. Your physician can evaluate you to determine the best treatment.

In brief: Therapies
Dr. Gregory Billy
Dr. Gregory Billy
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine