What shoulder physical therapy exercise works on a rotator cuff?

Graded program. Pt for rotator cuff problems usually start out with assisted exercises to decrease pain while gradually increasing the exercises to improve painless range of motion. Once painless range of motion has been achieved specific exercises to strengthen the rotatorcuff muscles are started and then finally sports specific exercises depending on what type of sport the person would like to go back to.
Varies. Prior to starting an exercise program for a rotator cuff, proper diagnosis from an md is necessary, as well as a physical thearpy evaluation to determine muscle imbalances, compensations and tissue integrity.