What should I expect in physical therapy for a torn ligament in the knee?

Depends. Probably none initially or pre-operatively. If not operative or if post operative, then one will have range of motion exercises, strengthening exerc ises and balance and proprioceptive exercises.
Ligament Tear Rehab. It differs on whether there was surgery or not. The therapist will work on strengthening the muscles around the knee. They will also do some interventions like ultrasound or tens (small electrical shocks to stimulate muscles).