What kind of rehabilitation program can I expect after the lps-flex fix?

Dr. G Jason Hunt
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Standard total knee recovery

Zimmer’s nexgen® complete knee solution lps-flex fixed bearing knee is a type of total knee implant.
Zimmer states that it is the first knee approved for 155 degrees of flexion. You can expect a 1-3 day hospital stay. Depending on your surgeon's preference...You usually work with physical therapy in the inpatient stay and after discharge will require some sort of continued pt. I tell all my patients that swelling and sensation of fullness my be normal for several months after surgery. The specific rehab program that you need will depend on your preoperative activity level and your expectations for activity after knee replacement. Tka surgery is very successful in regards to pain relief of arthritis pain.

In brief: Standard total knee recovery

Dr. G Jason Hunt
Dr. G Jason Hunt
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine