Mud therapy or hyaluronic acid injections: which is better for knee osteoarthritis?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Not familiar

I am not familiar with mud therapy so i really could not tell you about that.
Hyaluronic acid injections are helpful for people with moderate osteoarthritis and give up to 6 months of relief in sucessfull cases. They do not work well in people with severe osteoarthritis.

In brief: Not familiar

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Geoffrey Higgs
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: One part of OA treatment

Euflexa is hyaluronic acid.
This is a normal component of joint fluid. In osteoarthritis the amount of ha reduces in your joint fluid. The idea of doing ha injections is to replenish this reduced amount of ha. It has been shown to be about 70% effective for 6 to 9 months in correctly chosen patients.

In brief: One part of OA treatment

Euflexa is hyaluronic acid.
Dr. Geoffrey Higgs
Dr. Geoffrey Higgs
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice

In brief: Injections with PT

With my experience as a geriatric sports medicine physician, I have found tremendous success with those patients that received the injections in conjunction with physical therapy

In brief: Injections with PT

Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Peter Kurzweil