What is mid-cycle bleeding?

See below. This is bleeding between expected periods. For example if you have your period on october first and wouldn't expect it again until october 29th but find yourself with some menstrual bleeding on the 14th, this is mid cycle bleeding. There are many causes including benign spotting from a new birth control pill or more.
Mettleschmertz. This can sometimes occur in mid cycle as a result of ovulation. It is called mettleschmertz...Or "middle pain". It should be very, very limited bleeding and pain you do well to note this and keep track of this. I would advise your family doc of this if this gets worse or changes, you need to see your ob/gyn physician. And, as always, regular check-ups are advised..