How long will I need physical therapy after a knee joint replacement?

Up to 3 months. Everybody recovers differently after a total knee replacement. The amount of physical therapy is therefore, variable. A usual pt course is anywhere from 4-12 weeks. The more dedicated the patient is to his/her recovery, the more successful the end result of the surgery will be.
6 weeks. Some patients require up to 3 months of therapy, but most are able to transition to a home exercise program six weeks after surgery.