When should I plan to tell my children about the new baby?

In brief: As you know you have

Starting to prepare your children for a new family addition should be natural.
You can guide them through, why the mommy's belly is getting bigger, when you know the gender, you can tell them who is coming to joint them. Develop a role playing of big brothers and sisters and how they will take care of the baby, helping to feed and change the diapers, what they can do to help a mommy with a newbor.

In brief: As you know you have

Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Ecaterina Sartina
Dr. Sheila Goodman

In brief: Second trimester

Some time early in the second trimester is usually the best time.
You're past the main risk for miscarriage by that time and shouldn't have started looking obviously pregnant yet. With very young children, waiting until they can feel the baby, late in second or in third trimester, may work best.

In brief: Second trimester

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Dr. Sheila Goodman