How long do I need to go to physical therapy after rotator cuff surgery?

Depends. The course of physical therapy depends upon the severity of your presumed tear; and the competence of the operating surgeon, and the skill of the physical therapist.
As long as it takes. While the exact duration of pt following your rotator cuff surgery will be managed by your surgeon, depending on the severity of your tear pt may last anywhere from 7 weeks to 1 year or more. All programs will emphasize avoiding strenuous activities that could cause a repeat injury while remaining active enough to prevent joint stiffness, one of the most common rotator cuff repair complications.