How effective is electro-shockwave therapy in relieving joint and muscle pain?

In brief: About 80%
This can be a very effective method of treatment especially for plantar fasciitis and posterior heel pain.
I have about 80% positive results with it. However, sometimes the results take 3 months.

In brief: About 80%
Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Dr. Matthew Wilkin
Dr. Raj Upadya
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: Can be extremely
I had bio stim for a torn rotator cuff, and miraculously it helped tremendously.
..Reducing muscle spasm can help a lot... Ultrasound also helps for reducing inflammation...

In brief: Can be extremely
Dr. Raj Upadya
Dr. Raj Upadya
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Painful...
Est has usually been utitlized for the treatment of severe psychiatric patients(way back when).
As to its use in physical therapy and what you describe I have not heard of that use. Are you asking about 'electrical stim' treatments? They are used all the time in physical therapy and have benefits.

In brief: Painful...
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine