How can I get my grandpa to do physical therapy for his knees?

Dr. James Eitner
In brief: May Not Be Able To.
It is not always possible to get other people to do things they don't want to do.
You can make the suggestion to go, offer to go with him, do the home exercises with him, etc. Sometimes making it into or tying it to a social activity, will increase their desire to participate. Check out local adult centers and fitness groups. Whatever his decision, be supportive.

In brief: May Not Be Able To.
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Difficult
It can be difficult to get someone else motivated to do anything.
They usually need to want to do it themselves. However, sometimes a doctor can help convince a person to undertake a treatment like pt.

In brief: Difficult
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine