Can physical therapy help with sacroiliac joint dysfunction?

Yes. The pt will use various heat modalities and start a program of "pelvic stabilization exercizes".
Yes to an extent. Si joint dysfunction is a term used to indicate pain in the joint. Pain due to inflammation or infection requires respectively, anti-inflammatory or antibiotic therapy. Like any other joint si can become arthritic. Physical therapy to strengthen muscles supporting the joint can help. If severely inflamed steroid injection helps; occasionally a nerve block is indicated to manage the pain.
Yes. It is important to have a thorough physical therapy evaluation to determine what is impacting your sacroiliac joint dysfunction. Treatments should focus on manual tissue and joint techniques to align and mobilize the area, as well as stabilization exercises to maintain equal forces around the joint and to protect the joint.
Yes. The published reports of vert mooney (deceased), professor emeritus of orthopedic surgery at san diego medical school. He showed that strengthening of the strap of the gluteus ("butt" muscle) and the opposite side latissimus dorsi ("lats") imparted greater stability to an hypermobile sacroiliac joint. Surface emgs of these staps of muscles were means to the study measurements.