What should I do if I have a defective hip replacement?

Dr. Barry Waldman
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: See your surgeon
Despite what you might hear in the news, many hip replacements that have been recalled are only defective in a small number of patients.
Your surgeon can monitor you hip with regular x-rays and possibly blood tests.

In brief: See your surgeon
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Barry Waldman
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction
In brief: Identify problem 1st
A "defective" hip replacement needs to be carefully defined as to what is determined to be "defective".
It is very unusual for a total hip replacement to be truly "defective", despite what the advertisements on tv might suggest. Check with an orthopaedic surgeon who specializes in hip replacement surgery for an accurate assessment first. He/she can then provide guidance to you.

In brief: Identify problem 1st
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Dr. Bertrand Kaper