My muscles ache constantly how do I know if this is fibromyalgia?

Dr. Chad Boomershine
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: New way to diagnose
In 2011, the american college of rheumatology published new diagnostic criteria for fibromyalgia.
These criteria include counting the number of symptoms you have, the number of areas of the body where you have tenderness and quantifying the severity of symptoms of fatigue, thinking problems and sleep quality. A score is derived and if your score is 13 or higher you meet criteria for fibromyalgia.

In brief: New way to diagnose
Dr. Chad Boomershine
Dr. Chad Boomershine
Dr. Gregory Billy
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: See your physician
Your physician can take an appropriate history and perform a physical examination, looking for typical tender points throughout the body.
They may also order lab work to rule out other causes of pain, as fibromyalgia is a diagnosis of exclusion.

In brief: See your physician
Dr. Gregory Billy
Dr. Gregory Billy